HTML/JavaScript

Friday, May 14, 2010

Banana Leaf on Broadway

Banana Leaf's a place everybody's been to. It's accessible, reliable, and most people like it. I've never been since I'm not usually a fan of this type of food (at least in a restaurant setting). I got to go recently for a friend's birthday.

Banana Leaf on Broadway
820 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1J8
(604) 731-6333

I ordered the Appetizer Sampler for two, which worked out to be $8/each. Below is some sort of salad with papaya, pineapple, etc. It was okay, but personally not for me. The vinaigrette was pretty strong. FYI: you get two plates of the salad with the sampler, but only one plate of the other stuff.



The chicken satay was well done. The meat was tender and juicy. Seemed better than the one at Tropika, but that was too long ago to make a fair comparison.



Calamari was decent and the roti canai was great. The spring rolls, however, were not for me because I wasn't a fan of the filling nor the dipping sauce.



We had a separate order for roti canai ($6), I loved this.



Pineapple fried rice ($13) is often pretty fail, but I tried a spoon of this and it was pretty good. Well cooked with good flavour combinations and seasoning. Much prefer over Tropika's version.



This was my mee goreng ($11), which I deem decent, but wouldn't order again. Don't really like this type of food while eating out, should have known better.



Some pineapple soda that I didn't try.



Mango Ice Cream ($3.50), also didn't have a bite.



Some dishes were worth it, while others I found pricey for what it is. I doubt I'd come here normally, but wouldn't mind take out for some of their better items.

Banana Leaf (Broadway) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment